Thursday, October 25, 2007

Kid Contador Ready For Different Tour


Yep, this is where I am going to attack

Spaniard Alberto Contador is ready for a "different race" in the 2008 Tour de France. The 2007 champion attended the race's presentation Thursday in Paris and was surprised with what he saw, especially the short first time trial and high-mountain pass of Cole de la Bonette.

"We have to approach the stage with respect," said Alberto Contador of stage 16 that covers the highest pass in Europe. "I think that it [the high pass] will make for a different race, and it is a good thing."

He confirmed that he will be out to defend his title in 2008, even if changing from Discovery Channel to Astana. "The Tour will be the most important objective for me next year. I will train all-out for the Tour. I will have to adjust my training to be ready for the mountains. It is very important to preview these climbs."

No comments: