Friday, July 4, 2008

Stadler's official press release


Normann Stadler has to cancel IRONMAN Frankfurt because of illness:

“I absolutely wanted to participate, but the doctors forbade it.”

Frankfurt, 4th July 2008. Because of a compounded influenzal infection, Normann Stadler who won two times Ironman Hawaii, can not participate in the IRONMAN European Championship in Frankfurt. The captain of the Dresdner Kleinwort Triathlon Team had to announce the staggering news this morning, after having won the International German Championships (middle distance) only four weeks ago.

“I wanted to start at any price, but my medicals clearly told me to risk my health by doing so,” disappointed Stadler stated. “If the doctors would not have strongly advised me not to race, I would have done the race with the last of my strength. I feel endlessly sorry for my fans and my sponsors. Now I am going to do everything I can to support my team colleagues Jan Raphael, Markus Fachbach und Maik Twelsiek in Frankfurt and I will show in Hawaii what I am able to.”

Stadler is going to compete in the next Ironman on the 20th of July in Lake Placid.

No comments: