Thursday, February 11, 2010

George Hincapie: The Warm California Sun


By George Hincapie

This past weekend was our team training camp in California. It was great getting to meet the rest of the guys and spending some time with them on the bike. We put in several hundred miles in the beautiful area around Agoura Hills. There’s great climbs nearby plus some amazing views from Highway 1. In fact, I’ve enjoyed the riding here so much that I decided to extend my stay to do some solo training in the California sun. It’s a nice break from the frigid temperatures we’ve had back home. (I hear they’re calling for freezing rain in Greenville this weekend.)

After this training block is done, I’m headed back to Europe for the start of my European race schedule. I’ll start off with the semi-clasics Omloop Het Nieuwsblad and Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne in preparation for the big classics in April. BMC has put together a great classics team. I'm looking forward to racing with these guys.

No comments: