Sunday, April 1, 2007

Chris Lieto @ Lavaman - "Splash and Dash"




Lavaman Triathlon is this weekend and the day before I had the pleasure to be a part of the kids "Splash and Dash".  Kids from the ages of 7-14 do a short swim and then a 2 loop run around the grounds of the Marriott Hotel.  Kids from the ages of 2-6 do a short run of maybe 200 meters on the sand and through the finish line.  I lead the kids in a stretching routine before the start and got to award them with medals when they came across the finish.  It was so much fun watching these little kids just give it their all.  They don't hold back at all and have smiles on there faces the whole way.  This is what this sport is all about. 

Now that my son Kaiden is 3 1/2 years old I appreciate watching little children just having fun and living life.  I wish my family was here to enjoy Kona and I wish I could have seen my son run in the kids race.  There will be many more opportunities, and I can't wait for them.

Be like a child and live life to the fullest, and enjoy every minute of it.  

Chris Lieto

No comments: