Saturday, August 18, 2007

Bjorn Andersson Checks In Before Timberman


After spending the summer back home in Sweden I’m back in the US again to try and defend my victory from last year at Timberman 70.3 in New Hampshire. Like previously this year I haven’t been able to train very consistently since Wildflower tri either unfortunately and I haven’t been able to race as much as I wanted to since then. But with a couple of good weeks training in time for this I’m looking forward to race again.

Timberman has assembled a pretty tough field this year with Simon Lessing, Spencer Smith and Michael Lovato being the main favorites to win. Personally I don’t really know what to expect as the last big triathlon I did was 3 months ago. I planned to do more races but I got sick on and off since may so I had to cancel a few races. In between that I’ve been in pretty good shape a couple of times and I did a few events in Sweden during that time. One of them was the Swedish cycling championships which started of with the time trial. I was going pretty well in that race until my cassette body broke and the slow wheel change I did and the momentum I lost ruined that race. The road race was a couple of days later and took part on a 15 loop technical criterium type course making the race 200km.in total. Those kind of courses are pretty bad for me not being the most explosive cyclist around plus not being used to those kind of pace changes that occurs on a course like that. It was kind of like an all out sprint for me after every corner to hang in but I did some work for the team I rode for and hung in the front group for about 170km before I decided to call it a day. The day before that I also took part and managed to win the Swedish triathlon sprint championships so it was a pretty intense but fun weekend all in all.

As I said I don’t know where I stand but my goal this weekend will be to have a solid race and hopefully qualify for the 70.3 championships in Clearwater later this year. So let’s keep our fingers crossed for similarly cold and rainy weather like last year in New Hampshire this weekend and I’ll get back with a hopefully positive race report next week.

Recovox wants to wish Bjorn the best of luck!

No comments: