Monday, March 3, 2008

Hurikova Wins Afxentia Stage Race




"I felt very good, not too exhausted from yesterday. But when Sabine attacked my legs were hurting so much I couldn't follow her. I think my shape is much better than last year. I'm happy to get the overall victory," said Hurikova after she crossed the finish line 15 seconds following Spitz. The gap and the outcome were similar to Friday's race.

The Czech grabbed the overall with 10:09 over Alexandra Engen, who finished fifth in stage three behind Elisabeth Osl in fourth for the day. Heather Irmiger ended up on third place overall at 19:25 behind Hurikova.

Final general classification

1 Tereza Hurikova (Cze) Czech National Team 4.15.51
2 Alexandra Engen (Swe) Merida Sweden 10.09
3 Heather Irmiger (USA) Subaru/Gary Fisher 19.26
4 Nataliya Krompets (Ukr) Ukranian National Team 23.18
5 Evgenia Belozerova (Rus) Russian National Team 28.45
6 Ksenia Chernykh (Rus) Russian National Team 37.01

No comments: