Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tim DeBoom - Counting Down


We are inside of 6 weeks till race day and I’ve been busy.

Last week I attended the wedding of my best friend Greg Mecca. I had the honor of being best man for him. Couldn’t be happier for him and his new bride, Kristie. Wonderful couple. I hope this does not prevent him from being my official sherpa over in Kona, however. He’s always been my go-to guy over there. Well, him and a couple other folks. But, my other buddy, Ted, is actually racing, and the big DeBoom family is going to be absent this year. Too many new babies!

We also had the Denver SkirtChaser race this past weekend down in Cherry Creek. Pretty impressive event and quite a party. Can’t believe what Nicole has built.

My prep has been going well. I’m in the final big 3 weeks of work now before I start winding down. Someday it would be fun to actually write about my training, but as you all should know, there are some things that need to remain secret. I have been out with some of the boys here in Boulder, and I appreciate the company.

I’m actually headed over to Kona early this year to taper down over there. After missing last year, I can’t wait to get back on the island. Been too long.

I didn’t get to race as much as I hoped this year because of my foot, but I can guarantee that I’m fresh and hungry going into the most important time of the year.

All the equipment is dialed and waiting to go as well. Best set up I’ve ever had.

I’m in Boulder till the 22nd, then it’s Aloha time.

No comments: