Thursday, August 30, 2007
2007 ITU World Champs - Live coverage from Hamburg
There will be over 20 hours of live video coverage available right here on www.triathlon.org next week, so make sure to get a comfortable seat if you cannot make the trip to Hamburg. Live coverage will begin with the pre race press conference on Thursday August 30. Next we move onto live coverage of the Junior and U23 races on Friday August 31. The elite women take centre stage on Saturday September 1st.
There will be over 25 cameras, helicopters and motorbikes covering the elite races.
On Sunday September 2nd, it's the age groupers turn to take centre stage alongside the elite men, and the ITU media team will begin live coverage at 7.15 am local time, from the age group world championships. Be sure to wave to the cameras as you cross the finish line, to say hello to your family and friends at home. They'll probably already know your time before you do, as we will have live timing and results for the age group race available live on the internet.
Triathlon.org will feature a number of services for athletes, media and fans including:
- Over 20 hours of live video coverage from all races
- Full live timing and results of all races, including the age group world championships
- Uniquely designed system where all age-group athletes can watch their race finish on demand (Age group athletes will be alerted via email when this service is available so make sure to give your updated contact details to the registration staff on site) - Live video coverage of the age group finish area so your friends and family can watch you cross the finish line live
- Exclusive behind the scenes video features of all the action from Hamburg, including the parade of nations
- Race stories and photo galleries from all events
- Website dedicated to the world championships